Friday, October 12, 2007

Women Who Testified Against Anita Hill

Most of the women who testified against Anita Hill could have been foreclosed from testifying at all, if Democrat Howard Metzenbaum had had his way. As you can see on page 582 of this file, Metzenbaum made a motion to prevent them from testifying:
But I wonder whether, in view of the fact that it is now 11:30 at night, and the next nine witnesses, of those nine I think seven of them are employed by the Administration either at the EEOC or at the Labor Department or the Department of Education, and two of them, one is a former secretary to Senatory Danforth and one is a former chief of staff to Clarence Thomas -- I wonder, Mr. Chairman, if we couldn't stipulate that all of that testimony will be very supportive of Clarence Thomas? I don't think there is any argument about that. I don't know why there is any reason to have to hear it . . . We know what the testimony will be.

No comments:

 
hits counter