Friday, September 28, 2007

Jan Crawford Greenburg Interviews J. Thomas

This is exciting news:
The long-awaited memoirs of Justice Clarence Thomas will be released Monday, and, for those of you who haven’t seen posts by Mark Obbie, Tony Mauro and Howard Bashman, I’ve done a series of wide-ranging interviews with him in several different locations (and states), as well as an extensive interview with his wife, Virginia. But I can’t say anything more than that until Sunday night.

So…until then, all I can say (having studied the confidentiality agreement, its pretty harsh penalties and wanting to stay in good standing with my bosses and the New York bar) is to be on the lookout Sunday night for my substantial dot com piece, which will be posted in several parts on ABCNEWS.com. (You know the old saying: You can take the journalist out of print, but you can’t take print out of journalist…)

Then, starting Monday morning with Good Morning America, my pieces on Justice Thomas will begin airing on ABC News. We will have a full report on all our platforms: Good Morning America, World News Tonight and a series of lengthy and revealing segments on Nightline, which of course is the perfect place for a closer look at one the most complex, compelling, maligned and misunderstood figures in modern history.

I’ve covered the Court and Justice Thomas for 13 years now, and I can tell you this is something you will not, under any circumstances, want to miss. If you can’t catch them all, Tivo them (I’ll have to get my kids to do it, but surely you guys are more technologically adept). I also will be blogging on this throughout the weeks to come. Thomas has much to say, and there will be much to discuss.
UPDATE: See all of the ABC News stories on Justice Thomas here.

No comments:

 
hits counter