Thursday, September 27, 2007

Justice Thomas Interview Coming on Rush Limbaugh Show

UPDATE: The full transcript of the 10/01/07 interview is now here.

From the Rush Limbaugh site:
RUSH: Gregory in Detroit, I'm glad you called, sir, glad you waited. Welcome to the EIB Network.

CALLER: Thank you very much, Rush. Maybe two questions, if not three. Next Monday, October 1st, I plan to have in my never nicotine-stained fingers a copy of Justice Thomas' book -- i.e., his memoirs. Do you plan on having him on your show to interview him about the book and/or your newsletter?

RUSH: He will be on the radio Monday.

CALLER: In the first hour, second hour, or third hour?

RUSH: He's going to be in the second and third hour. It's going to be the first 90-minute interview we've ever done with anybody. I taped it after the program yesterday because the first day of the new term of the Supreme Court is on Monday, and he couldn't make it live.

CALLER: Okay.

RUSH: He has two segments on 60 Minutes Sunday night. By the way, the name of the book is My Grandfather's Son. He did two interview segments for 60 minutes. ABC has been following him around, too. Jan Crawford Greenburg is their court writer. She is a good reporter. I don't mean to harm her reputation saying that with her peers, but she's a good reporter. She has followed him around with the crew for I think Primetime or 20/20, whatever the show is. He's going to be all over the place later in the week next week. But I have to tell you something about this interview and I don't want to give any of it away.

CALLER: Okay.

RUSH: Other than to say, I start out with him when his mother gave him up. She couldn't afford him and his brother, and his grandfather took him in, and the title of the book is My Grandfather's Son. I started from there, and I didn't get to the confirmation hearings 'til what was like the end of the first hour. But during this interview -- and I don't want to give away any secrets here -- Dawn, who was here transcribing what he was saying for me in case I had trouble understanding him, which I didn't, cried twice.

CALLER: Wow! Wow.

RUSH: This is... I told him, "I'm so glad that you did this book and you're doing this," because people that know him get so frustrated the way he's caricatured and portrayed, and he's just... You're not going to be able to avoid being emotionally affected by the whole interview for the next 90 minutes on Monday.

CALLER: Rush, were you surprised by some of his comments or some new revelations that he has added to his book, and did you write a foreword or intro to the book?

RUSH: Nope. I didn't right write a foreword. I didn't do an intro. I wasn't asked to. Yeah, I learned a lot about him. He doesn't talk about himself much [in public], but I have a gotten to know him very well. The thing that will strike you about him is his humility.

CALLER: Okay.


RUSH: He is one of the most humble people that you will ever encounter, but he opens up in this book. I asked him. I said, "Why were you so honest about the failed -- the dissolution of your marriage and all of these problems that you've had?" And he said, "Well, they all made me who I am, and I'm not going to hold 'em back." It was amazing. You're going to love the book.

No comments:

 
hits counter